Used Fireworks Ignite Trash in San Antonio Home Garage

SAN ANTONIO — A warning to be careful with fireworks this holiday.

This garage caught fire when some left used fireworks in the trash without making sure the heat was completely out.

No one was injured but the people inside the home had to be evacuated because of heavy smoke.

Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks. Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away. Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles. Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water. Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby. Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers. Do not experiment with homemade fireworks. Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.

Join the Discussion:

Source Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *